The lower rear shock mounts on the E8x/E9x chassis are known for quick failure and completely falling apart when they do, which will quickly be felt in your driving experience. The combination of rubber and steel, mounted in a low pocket on the rear control arm make this a perfect mix for corrosion destroying the mount. By allowing uninhibited shock articulation and a direct connection to the lower control arm, this solid monoball design eliminates slop and improves shock efficiency, allowing for more predictable handling on the street or the track - with minimal added noise, vibration, and harshness.
The engineering team at Turner came up with a design that would increase performance covering the largest issues with these rubber bushings. The performance improvement of these mounts is primarily due to the low friction articulation allowed by the bearing, combined with the elimination of unwanted deflection. Rubber mounts do not allow for proper free damper movement and the damping affect reduces the shock's ability to control wheel end movement directly.
- Monoball rear lower shock mount eliminates unwanted deflection, maximizing shock efficiency and performance.
- Allows full shock body articulation for low friction movement and reduced side loading and improved shock wear.
- Designed to work with stock non-M taper seat stud style shocks (not M eyelet mount type).
- Maintains OE shock position
- Rebuildable using off the shelf bearings - these are the last rear shock mounts you’ll need to buy
- Includes new hardware
- Made in USA
- Billet CNC 6061-T6 aluminum housing, type II anodized for exceptional durability and corrosion resistance
- FK WSSX14T teflon lined spherical bearing
- 440C heat-treated stainless steel ball, 1 ⅜” ball dia.
- 17-4 PH heat-treated stainless steel race
- Self-lubricating PTFE liners are chemically bonded to the inner diameter of the race to offer a very high load-carrying capacity with greatly increased dynamic wear characteristics.
- Static Axial Load Rating: 10,800 lbs.
- Rod End Misalign Angle: 6 degrees
- CNC machined 1144 steel, heat treated and melonite coated designed to maximize ball articulation while offering exceptional durability and corrosion resistance.
This Part Fits the Following Vehicles